EKU Regional Campuses
COVID-19 has had a tremendous impact on nearly every aspect of our daily lives. Keeping the internet accessible and reliable is more important than ever for our current and prospective EKU Colonels. EKU is offering comprehensive outdoor guest Wi-Fi and indoor, desktop internet access at our EKU Corbin and Manchester Regional Campuses to help our area High School Students thrive academically and stay healthy, while completing assignments. Outdoor Wi-Fi access is available 24/7 and indoor access is available during our normal campus hours of Monday – Thursday, 8 am – 9 pm and Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm. To optimize our bandwidth availability, we are requiring students call to reserve a time slot if they need access during our normal campus operating hours. (Corbin limit of 10 students from Corbin HS and Lynn Camp). A reservation is not required for outdoor guest Wi-Fi access during times outside of our normal operating hours. Visiting high school students entering our EKU Corbin/Manchester facilities must use their KDE student ID number and comply with all EKU guidelines (including social distancing and wearing face masks). You can reach EKU Corbin by phone at 606-528-0551 or by email at email@example.com. Contact EKU Manchester by phone at 606-598-8122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Clay County Schools
- Clay County High School
- Manchester Christian Academy
- Oneida Baptist Institute
- Red Bird High School
Whitley County Schools
- Corbin High School
Knox County Schools
- Lynn Camp High School
Colonels Comeback Plan
All visitors must comply withthe EKU Colonels Comeback Plan (https://staywell.eku.edu/colonels-comeback-plan) and Healthy at Work https://staywell.eku.edu/hr-guidance-and-faqs-covid-19 requirements - mask policy, social distancing procedures, or other guidance relating to COVID-19 at all times while on campus.
- Faculty, Staff, Students and Visitors must wear a mask/face covering on campus, except when alone in an office behind a closed door. This includes, but is not limited to, parking lots, hallways, restrooms, and when moving between offices or buildings. Any time that you might encounter another person, you must wear a mask/face covering.
- Social distancing means maintaining physical space between yourself and other people in public spaces. To practice social distancing, stay at least six (6) feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people. Additionally, please pay attention to signage directing pedestrian flow and maximum occupancy which will facilitate social distancing. Keep in mind that COVID-19 can be spread before individuals show symptoms.
- Commit to good hygiene and frequent hand washing.
- Stay home if you are ill or in direct contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
COVID Reporting Reminders
The process for communicating a report of a suspected or positive case of COVID-19 includes:
- Complete the self-monitoring form(https://staywell.eku.edu/covid-19-coronavirus-monitoring-form).
- If a positive result is confirmed, our contact tracing team will then conduct an interview with the person to determine the potential exposure. It may be necessary to interview employees or other students to confirm information.
- Medical diagnoses are HIPAA and/or FERPA protected. Should you be contacted by a student or a contact tracer, please do not disclose any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 to students or colleagues. Contact tracing is an individual-specific process. This is the reason we are limiting group activities as well as restricting visitors. We must know who is in our spaces and that everyone follows the established rules outlined in the Colonels Comeback Plan. If a space is affected by an individual who is confirmed positive, closure of that space for a short period of time may be warranted to properly clean and sanitize surfaces. You will see local area signage indicating that space should not be used. If a larger area is affected (multi-use classroom space, an entire floor, etc.) we will communicate more broadly. If masking and distancing protocols are in place and strictly followed, classes should be able to continue, as the other students and instructor will not fall within the definition of “primary contacts.” It is our goal to allow instruction to continue and that is why we have planned with such care.
EKU Wi-Fi Information
Please click here for complete details on connecting to EKU Wi-Fi: https://it.eku.edu/support/wireless-network.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at the IT Service Desk support at it.eku.edu, 859-622-3000, Twitter (@EKUITColonels), or the IT Service Desk Facebook (@ekuitservicedesk).